Monday, November 13, 2017

MFT: One of a Kind

I recently purchased a few Distress Oxide inks in my favorite colors (Abandoned Coral, Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Seedless Preserves), so I thought I would try them out. They've been touted by crafters left and right, and often made to sound superior to the regular distress inks.

So far, I'm not really in love with them. The coverage is okay, but the colors are different from the regular distress inks and they make my hands inky and messy. I don't like messy fingers, especially when they rub off onto the card and it's a CAS card that's supposed to be white...

I did purchase the black Oxide ink too, and I'll give a try to making some galaxy backgrounds -maybe I'll have better luck with that. Or I may invest in some rubber gloves to use while I work with the inks.

Onto the card! I made a rainbow background and used Birdie Brown's Magical Unicorns stamp for the cute unicorn and sentiment. I added just a few enamel dots and adhered the panel onto bright pink cardstock.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love your feedback with regards to the Oxide inks. Has your opinion changed over time? I have purchased a few too but haven't used them yet.

    This card just rocks! The bright gorgeous colours with that super cute unicorn makes me so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, now that I know just how messy they are, I have not used them since this card. I will try them again - particularly with the black and making a galaxy background. But, it seems quicker and easier to just use distress inks or dye inks when I want a quick sponged background. Less mess means less clean-up, too.

      Delete